Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Sorority Girl's Wardrobe Essentials

Hey everyone! Today I decided to make a post on what I believe to be essentials for every sorority girl's wardrobe. Obviously every girl and every sorority is different, so take this with a grain of salt! I am in no way telling you that you have to go out and buy every single one of these items once you join a sorority. These are just items that I think you should consider having if you're a sister! Enjoy :)

Clothes

1. Letters: This is an obvious item, but every sorority girl needs a few t-shirts or sweatshirts with your letters on them! This is a privilege to be able to wear them once you're initiated. You don't necessarily have to buy them yourself either - you'll most likely get a ton of letters handed down from your family tree and at senior send-off at the end of the year! I've only been a member of my sorority for one semester, and I already have at least ten letter shirts that were handed down to me, and that doesn't even include other t-shirts!

2. A few nice pairs of jeans: I definitely recommend having at least two to four nice pairs of jeans in your wardrobe. Depending on your sorority, you might be required to wear jeans anytime you are wearing letters, and you're going to wear letters a lot! Even if you don't have to do that, jeans are a staple wardrobe item for any college girl.

3. A few dresses: There's going to be more than one occasion where you're required to wear a dress. The two dresses that I most recommend would be one white dress and one black dress. I don't know of a sorority that doesn't require a white dress for initiation, and some sororities have the newer girls wear white, while the current sisters wear black. In addition, I also suggest having a few other dresses just for chapter meetings, formals, date parties - really anything! You don't have to buy a new dress for every occasion, but it's nice to have a few different options.

4. Leggings & yoga pants: Do I need to say more? Every college girl needs leggings and yoga pants. Unless you're a girl that likes to get dressed up for every class, (I am not one of those girls), then you will definitely want these! You can dress them up with a nice top and flats, or just wear them with a t-shirt, sneakers, and baseball cap. They're essential!

5. Norts: In case you don't know what norts are, they're Nike shorts! They don't necessarily have to be Nike brand, but these are great for going to class, lounging around and hanging out with friends, and of course going to the gym!

Accessories

1. Necklaces: I literally never wear jewelry, I have no idea why, but it's a good idea to at least have one or two statement necklaces. You never know when you'll need them for a recruitment event, and they're a great way to dress up an outfit!

2. Scarves: Since I don't normally wear necklaces, I have a ton of scarves and I wear them all the time! Once again, you never know when you're going to need one for a recruitment event, so it's a good idea to have at least one. 

3. Earrings: If you don't have your ears pierced, then you definitely don't need to go out and get them pierced just to have some cute earrings. But if they are pierced, then having a few pairs of cute earrings is a great idea. They're another great way to add some style to an outfit!

4. Tote bag: A tote bag will come in handy for a lot of different things! You can use it to carry your things to class, carry your clothing and accessories to the gym, pack it to stay overnight at a sister's apartment, and so much more. I really do think it's essential, even if you prefer to use a backpack for class. 

5. Baseball caps: These are perfect for bad hair days and lazy days. So many sorority girls wear them around campus, so don't worry about looking weird. I think they look really cute, and I love wearing one to hide my hair when it's look weird!



Shoes

1. Ballet Flats: For formal events where you'll be walking around a lot, like recruitment. 

2. Heels: For formal events that you want to be more dressed up and you don't have to do a ton of walking, like formal, semi-formal, date parties, and mixers. 
3. Sneakers: For class, the gym, philanthropy events, Greek Week, etc. 
4. Uggs or riding boots: For pretty much anything in the Fall/Winter months - recruitment, classes, going out to do things, and mixers!

Random Items

1. Business casual clothing: These are pretty much essential for things like preference rounds, chapter meetings, and even internships/public speaking classes! 

2. Random things for mixers: You would be surprised how often things like tutu's and camouflage shirts can come in handy for mixers. Mixers always have all different kinds of themes, so having some random things in your wardrobe will definitely come in handy!

I really hope you enjoyed this post and that it helped some of you out! Feel free to comment with any questions, comments or requests. You can also e-mail me at PAsororitygirl@gmail.com, or tweet me and follow me! xoxo :)

Twitter: @PAsororitygirl

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these pictures, I got them all from Google.


No comments:

Post a Comment